Office plants have been shown to increase productivity, purify the air, and generally create a more pleasant working environment. They can improve your health and well-being. The hot and humid climate in India can make it challenging to keep office plants alive, and having plants in the office can increase productivity and creativity. Indoor plants not only look good but also have a positive effect on our mood and health. They improve air quality, reduce stress levels, and boost productivity. Check out these best office desk plants in India.
Best office desk plants in India
Why is it important to have plants on your office desk?
Office desk plants can boost productivity. There are many reasons for growing office desk plants, but the main one is that plants help clean the air. They do this by absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, which helps to improve concentration and mental alertness. Plants also help to reduce noise levels and create a more pleasant working environment. Another reason plants are so beneficial in the office is because they can help reduce stress levels.
Studies have shown that looking at plants can lower blood pressure and heart rate and reduce cortisol levels (the stress hormone). This means that having plants in your office can help you to stay calm and focused, even during times of high stress. So if you want to boost your productivity and create a more positive working environment, adding some plants to your office desk is a great place to start.
Is it good to have a plant on your office desk?
Yes, having a plant on your office desk can improve your productivity. Plants help purify the air and increase the room’s oxygen levels, creating a more refreshing and energizing environment. They also help reduce stress levels and promote a sense of well-being. Having plants in the office can increase productivity, but there is still some debate about how much impact they have. However, if you’re looking for a way to boost your productivity, adding some plants to your office space is a great place to start.
Reasons to keep plants on your office desk
If you want to increase your productivity at work, consider keeping plants on your office desk. Here are a few reasons why plants can be beneficial in the office:
- Plants can help improve indoor air quality.
- Plants can boost your mood and reduce stress levels.
- Plants can increase productivity and concentration levels.
- Plants can help reduce noise levels in the office.
- Plants can create a more pleasant and inviting work environment.
Best office desk plants in India
If you want to add greenery to your office space, you should consider getting one of India’s top office desk plants. These plants have been known to increase productivity and help purify the air.
- Snake plants are a great option for a plant to grow on your office desk. The snake plant is a great choice for an office desk plant as it is known to be very easy to care for. It also helps purify the air and is known to be very resilient.
- The snake plant is a popular choice for offices as it is very easy to care for. It does not require much sunlight or water and can tolerate periods of neglect. The snake plant is known for its ability to filter harmful toxins from the air, making it an excellent choice for improving indoor air quality.
- The snake plant is known for its ability to air purify and is ideal for offices with poor ventilation. It’s also low-maintenance, so you won’t have to worry about watering it too often.
- The snake plant is an excellent air purifier that can help improve indoor air quality. It is also said to bring good luck, wealth, and health to those who have it in their homes or workplaces.
- Choose a pot that is wide and shallow rather than deep. This will help prevent the roots from getting waterlogged.
- Locate the pot in a bright spot but out of direct sunlight. These plants can tolerate low light levels but grow best in bright, indirect light.
- Water the Snake plant when the growing soil feels dry to the touch. Allow the water to drain completely before putting the pot back in its place.
- Fertilize monthly during the growing season (spring and summer) with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half. Stop fertilizing in fall and winter when growth slows down.
- It is a beautiful plant that can help purify the air, reduce stress levels, and boost your mood. It is also known to be very easy to care for.
- It grows well in bright, indirect light and is watered about once a week.
- If you are looking for an office desk plant to help improve concentration, you should consider getting a Peace Lily. The Peace Lily is known for its ability to filter out toxins from the air and produce oxygen. This higher level of oxygen can help improve focus and concentration levels.
- Choose a spot for your plant that gets indirect sunlight. Peace lilies do best in bright, filtered light.
- Water your peace lily weekly or when the soil feels dry to the touch. Allow the plant to drain before putting it back on your desk.
- Feed your peace lily monthly with a general-purpose fertilizer diluted to half-strength.
- Keep an eye out for pests, and treat them promptly if you see any. Common pests include aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites.
- With just a little care, your peace lily will thrive and add some much-needed greenery to your office space.
- Aloe vera is a succulent that is known for its healing properties. It can help improve air quality and boost your mood. It does best in bright, direct light and should be watered about once a week.
- Aloe vera plants are a very easy process to grow and make great office desk plants.
- Aloe vera plants prefer bright, indirect sunlight. Place your plant near a window where it can receive plenty of light.
- Water aloe plants when the soil is dry to the touch. Allow the water to drain completely before replanting.
- Fertilize your aloe plant every two to four weeks with a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer.
- Keep your aloe plant healthy by removing any dead or dying leaves as they occur.
In case you missed it: Growing Morning Glory Flowers: How to Plant and Care
- It is a popular ornamental plant from the family Moraceae.
- The rubber plant is an excellent office desk plant as it can tolerate low light levels and does not require much watering. It is also known to be one of the best air-purifying plants.
In case you missed it: 13 Beneficial Insects for Your Garden: Best List for Your Plants
- The Dracaena Marginata, or African palm, is a tough and relatively low-maintenance plant that can thrive in high and low light conditions.
- It’s a popular choice for offices and homes because it doesn’t require much water and can tolerate occasional neglect.
- The Dracaena Marginata is known for its long, strappy leaves that can grow up to three feet long. It’s an excellent air purifier and can help remove toxins like formaldehyde from the air.
- The spider plant is known for its ability to filter out harmful toxins from the air. It’s also easy to care for, making it an excellent choice for busy offices. It does best in bright, indirect light and must be watered about once a week.
- Spider plants are the most popular office desk plants in India. Spider plants also help to purify the air, making them ideal for improving indoor air quality.
- Place your spider plant in a location that receives indirect sunlight. Too much direct sunlight can scorch the leaves and cause the plant to become stressed.
- Water Spider plant when the top inch of soil is dry. Allow the water to drain away freely, and do not allow the plant to sit in water.
- Fertilize your spider plant every two weeks during the growing season with a balanced liquid fertilizer.
- Pinch back the tips of the leaves regularly to encourage bushy growth.
- Spider plants are relatively pest and disease free, but watch out for mealybugs and scale insects that can attack the leaves.
In case you missed it: 365 Days Flowering Plants in India: A Year Of Beautiful Flowers
- The money plant is another plant that is considered to be lucky. It is said to bring good stability.
- The money plant is the best office desk plant that can help boost productivity. The money plant is known to bring good luck and fortune. It is also said to be a very effective air purifier. Hence, having a money plant on your office desk can help you concentrate better and work more efficiently.
- The money plant is another popular option for office desk plants. It brings good luck and is easy to care for.
- The money plant requires little sunlight and can tolerate low light levels, making it ideal for offices with limited natural light.
- Bonsai are beautiful, ornamental trees that make excellent office desk plants. They are easy to care to grow and can help increase productivity by purifying the air.
- Consider a few things before purchasing a bonsai tree for your office desk. Firstly, choose a species that is well suited to indoor growing conditions. Some good options include the ficus and jade trees. Secondly, ensure you have enough space on your desk for the tree to thrive.
- Bonsais need plenty of light and air circulation, so choosing a spot that receives plenty of natural light during the day is important.
- Neon pothos is one of the most popular office desk plants in India. It is known for its ability to purify the air and increase productivity.
- Neon pothos is a fast-growing plant that can reach up to 20 feet in length. It has glossy, heart-shaped leaves that are variegated with shades of yellow, green, and white.
- The plant is relatively easy to care for and does not require much sunlight or water to thrive.
- It is the best office desk plant you can get for your workspace. It is also known to be great for improving productivity. It is native to Asia and is commonly found in India, China, and Malaysia.
- It is a hardy plant that can tolerate low light levels and does not require much watering.
- Peppermint is known for its ability to boost energy levels and productivity. It is also said to help improve concentration and focus.
- You will need a pot with drainage holes, potting mix, and a sunny spot to grow a peppermint plant on your office desk.
- Water the Peppermint plant when the soil is dry. Fertilize monthly with a balanced fertilizer.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a fragrant and evergreen herb native to the Mediterranean.
- Choose a sunny spot for your plant. Rosemary needs at least six hours of sunlight per day.
- Use a well-drained potting mix or add sand to regular potting soil to improve drainage.
- Fertilize your rosemary plant with a liquid fertilizer or compost tea every few weeks.
- With a little care, your rosemary plant will thrive and provide you with fresh herbs all year long.
- Jasmine is known for its sweet fragrance and its ability to boost moods. It is also said to promote relaxation and sleep.
- Choose a spot on your desk that gets plenty of light.
- Water your jasmine plant regularly, but do not overwater it.
- Feed your jasmine plant with a high-quality fertilizer every month or so. This will help it to stay healthy and produce more flowers.
- Deadhead spent flowers regularly to encourage new bloom development.
In case you missed it: How to Grow Hollyhocks: A Guide to Propagation, Planting, and Care
- Lastly, you should get an Areca Palm if you want an office desk plant that can create a calming and relaxing environment. The Areca Palm is known for reducing stress levels and promoting relaxation. Having an Areca Palm in your office can help you stay calm and focused while working.
- To get the best out of your Areca palm plant, follow these tips:
- Please place it in a bright spot near an office window where it can get indirect sunlight.
- Water it when the topsoil is dry to the touch. Allow the water to drain before placing the pot back on the saucer.
- Fertilize monthly using a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half.
- Remove any yellow or brown leaves as they appear. Then this will keep the plant looking its best.
- Jade plants are a type of succulent that’s an easy process to care for, making them ideal for growing on an office desk. Place the jade plant in a spot with bright, indirect light. Too much direct sunlight can scorch the leaves.
- Water the Jade plant carefully when the soil is dry to the touch. Allow the water to drain before putting the plant back on its saucer.
- Apply a balanced fertilizer once a month. Follow the package directions for application rates.
- If your jade plant starts to look leggy, cut it back by about one-third to promote fuller growth.
In case you missed it: Types of Succulents in India – Indoor Succulents Perfect for Indian Climate
- The bamboo palm is another great option for an office desk plant. It helps improve air quality and has been known to boost productivity.
- The bamboo palm is another plant that does well in offices with poor ventilation. It’s also known for reducing stress levels and improving concentration.
- Bamboo is a popular plant for good luck and is known to bring prosperity and wealth. It is also said to promote health and balance in one’s life.
- It is an excellent plant in your office because it brings good luck. It is also said to help improve productivity and concentration. Bamboo is an excellent choice if you are looking for an easy-to-care-for plant that will add some life to your office.
How to take care of your office desk plants
When it comes to office desk plants, there are a few essential things you want to keep in mind to ensure that your plants stay healthy and happy. First, make sure that you choose a plant that is appropriate for the amount of light your desk gets. If your desk is in a spot that doesn’t get a lot of sunlight, you’ll want to choose a plant that doesn’t require much sun to thrive. Secondly, make sure to water your plants regularly.
Depending on your plant type, you may need to water it daily or for a few days. Check the soil before watering to see if it is dry, and give your plant a good drink. Finally, don’t forget to fertilize your plants now and then. This will help them continue to grow strong and healthy. You can buy fertilizer at most garden stores or online. Just follow the directions on the package so that you don’t over-fertilize and damage your plants.
There are many office desk plants to choose from, so selecting one suitable for your office’s conditions is essential. Some benefits of office desk plants are that they help improve air quality, boost your mood and concentration, and reduce stress.
- 15 Best Shade Loving Shrubs to Grow in Your Garden
- How to Grow Tangelos in the Backyard: Varieties, Planting, Propagation, Pollination, Care, and Yield
- 6 Succulent Beauties: Easy-to-Grow Indoor Plants with Stunning Colours
- The Best Plants for USDA Zone 9: Top Trees, Flowering, Perennial, Drought-Tolerant, and Container Plants
- Sweet Dreams with 15 Most Fragrant Flowers to Grow in the Bedroom
- Cost Analysis of Lawn Sprinkler System Per Square Foot, 1/4 Acre, 1/2 Acre, and 1 Acre
- Benefits of 15-15-15 Fertilizer in Your Garden: How to Use and When to Apply Guide
- Do Rabbits Eat Begonias, Impatiens, Geraniums, Marigolds, Petunias, Caladiums, and Celosia
- Benefits of 20-20-20 Fertilizer for Your Garden: How to Use and When to Apply
- How to Use 16-16-16 Fertilizer in Your Garden: Benefits and When to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Plumeria: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- How to Get Rid of Cabbage Worms: Identification, Control and Prevention Methods
- 19 Stunning French Flowers That are Easy to Grow at Home
- 15 Indoor Plants That Don’t Cause Allergies: Best Hypoallergenic Plants for Indoor Garden
- How to Propagate Elderberries from Cuttings: A Step-by-Step Process Guide
- When is it Too Late to Harvest Lavender: When to Harvest Lavender for Drying, Sachets, and Tea
- How Long it Takes to Grow Mushrooms at Home: Factors Affecting the Growth Rate of Mushrooms
- How to Use 19-19-19 Fertilizer in Your Garden: Benefits and When to Apply
- Top 15 Strawberry Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List of Strawberry Varieties for High Profits
- 15 Best Apple Picking Orchards in New Jersey: Top List for Apple Picking Farms in NJ
- Top 15 Papaya Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: A Guide for Beginners
- 20 Types of Lavender to Grow in Your Garden: Discover Lavender Main Types
- 13 Best Plant Nurseries in Punjab: Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Mohali
- 11 Best Plant Nurseries in Kadiyam: Famous and Biggest Nurseries List with Best Prices
- 15 Best Plant Nurseries in Uttar Pradesh: Kanpur, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Agra, and Varanasi
- 15 Best Plant Nurseries in Kerala: Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Thrissur, and Kollam
- 12 Best Plant Nurseries in Udaipur: Top Garden Centers to Shop for Plants
- 11 Best Plant Nurseries in Vijayawada: Top Garden Centers to Shop for Plants
- 11 Best Plant Nurseries in Chennai: Top Garden Centers to Shop for Plants
- 12 Best Plant Nurseries in Goa: Top Garden Centers to Shop for Plants
- 15 Best Plant Nurseries in Mumbai: Top Garden Centers and Stores
- 11 Best Plant Nurseries in Visakhapatnam: Top Garden Centers and Stores in Vizag
- Calandiva Plant Care: Pruning, Propagation, and Indoor Care
- 10 Best Plant Nurseries in Ahmedabad: Top Garden Centers and Stores
- Pinstripe Plant Care: Best Fertilizer, Pruning, and Propagation
- 11 Best Plant Nurseries in Pune: Top Garden Centers for Plants Shopping